September 30, 2019 to October 1, 2019
8:30 am to 4:30 pm
CMHA Prince George Branch
1152 3rd Ave
Prince George, British Columbia
ASIST is a two-day interactive workshop in suicide first-aid. ASIST teaches participants to recognize
when someone may be at risk of suicide and work with them to create a plan that will support their
immediate safety. Although ASIST is widely used by healthcare providers, participants don’t need
any formal training to attend the workshop—ASIST can be learned and used by anyone.
ASIST participants learn to:
• Understand the ways personal and societal attitudes affect views on suicide and interventions
• Provide guidance and suicide first-aid to a person at risk in ways that meet their individual safety needs
• Identify the key elements of an effective suicide safety plan and the actions required to implement it
• Appreciate the value of improving and integrating suicide prevention resources in the community at large
• Recognize other important aspects of suicide prevention including life-promotion and self-care
For more information please contact Mary Lu Manager of Education or call 250-564-8644 or 250-649-6139.