Thank you for your interest in volunteering!
CMHA PG is a volunteer-driven organization that depends on volunteers like you to help us to develop our vision and provide services.
Studies show that regular volunteer activity can have a positive effect on mental and physical health. Volunteering with CMHA provides the opportunity to build skills, learn more about mental health and meet new people, while helping build a more caring community. Because of the benefits of volunteering, we especially encourage those personally affected by mental illness to volunteer.
Volunteering with CMHA PG also provides an opportunity for social contact and interaction. Volunteers represent the best in our communities. You too can make a difference by becoming a volunteer. When you do, you become part of a helping network – part of a caring community.
We can use help in many different areas of interest and skill:
- Participation on our board
- Community displays and presentations
- Community event planning
- Beyond the Blues Depression screening event, annually in October
- Holiday of Hope event, annually in December
- Mental Health Week, First week of May
- Ride Don’t Hide event, annually in June
- Second Chance Thrift Store
- Resource development/fundraising
How to apply
You can pick up a Volunteer Application form at our office or download: Volunteer Application
For more information call our Volunteer Coordinator at 250-564-8644 ext. 2013 or email Jennifer.