February 20, 2020 to February 21, 2020
8:30 am to 4:30 pm
CMHA Prince George Branch
1152 3rd Ave
Prince George, British Columbia
ASIST is a two-day interactive workshop in suicide first aid. ASIST teaches participants to recognize when someone may have thoughts of suicide and work with them to create a plan that will support their immediate safety. Although ASIST is widely used by healthcare providers, participants don’t need any formal training to attend the workshop—anyone 16 or older can learn and use the ASIST model.
In the course of the two-day workshop, ASIST participants learn to:
• Understand the ways personal and societal attitudes affect views on suicide and interventions
• Provide guidance and suicide first-aid to a person at risk in ways that meet their individual safety needs
• Identify the key elements of an effective suicide safety plan and the actions required to implement it
• Appreciate the value of improving and integrating suicide prevention resources in the community at large
• Recognize other important aspects of suicide prevention including life-promotion and self-care
For more information please email Mary Lu Spagrud or call 250-649-6139
To register online with Eventbrite please click here.